On Thu, 2005-11-17 at 16:41 -0500, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> And it is to be noted that the above is *NOT* because the ASF does not
> want this from happening. We would love to see GPL link and ship
> apache licensed code in their system, but the GPL2, as it currently
> stand,  doesn't not allow that.

Yes, I understood that was the plane. But unfortunately with the release
of ASLv2 there were clearly some communication mistakes between ASF and
FSF. Those let to the situation where the ASLv2 and GPLv2 are
incompatible. But I have heard both sides make apologies for the
communication breakdown. And I know the FSF is most willing to help out
clear up the language in a way that make the two licenses unambiguously
compatible. And Leo and Cliff seem to seriously want to investigate this
option. So who knows what happens in the future.

Cheers,

Mark