Archie Cobbs wrote:

For anyone who wants to play with the JCHEVM contribution, the code in
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/harmony/enhanced/trunk/sandbox/contribs/jchevm/jchevm
should now be buildable and runnable (on x86 machines only).

The file APACHE.README contains some general info as well as instructions
on how to build it. Please report any problems, questions, etc. to this
mailing list.

Cheers,
-Archie

__________________________________________________________________________ Archie Cobbs * CTO, Awarix * http://www.awarix.com

Hi Archie,

I'm compiling JCHEVM with MSVC.
Since I can't use the default installation method:

   $ ./configure --prefix=/usr/local --enable-jni --with-jikes
   $ gmake
   $ gmake install
   $ ./configure --with-classpath=DIR
   $ make
   $ make install

I have to manually create the config.h file, and compile the code step by step.
At the moment, I got the following error from the MSVC compiler:

D:\projects\harmony-jcvm\jcvm\libjc\jc_invoke.c(81) : error C2059: syntax error : '['

which refers to the following declaration:

/* Map command line option to VM args property */
static const    char *const jc_opt2prop[] = {
   [OPT_CLASSPATH]=    JAVA_CLASS_PATH,
   [OPT_LIBRARYPATH]=    JAVA_LIBRARY_PATH,
   [OPT_BOOTCLASSPATH]=    JAVA_BOOT_CLASS_PATH
};

Got any suggestion in order for me to proceed?

Enrico