On Dec 5, 2005, at 3:41 PM, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

Sorry to interrupt with a technical issue...

On Nov 29, 2005, at 6:48 PM, David Tanzer wrote:

On Tue, 2005-11-29 at 16:34 -0600, Archie Cobbs wrote:
[...]
I stripped out lots of ELF specific stuff, so my version could be
interesting for a port to windows too. I just don't want to commit it
to "trunk" yet because it's completely untested.

You could create a branch to play with in Subversion. If you do,
I recommend also using svnmerge... http://dellroad.org/svnmerge

Good Idea, but where would I place that branch?
"harmony/enhanced/branches/sandbox/contribs/jchevm/osx_port"?

I'll look at the rest of the issues later...

Is there a way to safely get this code in the main trunk? I don't mind (what about others?) if you need to work in the corner of the sandbox, but this seems like enhancement to the trunk rather than a revolutionary experiment...

I guess it wouldn't cause too much problems committing it to trunk since we could always revert to the base revision if something goes wrong. The real question is:
Do we have/need a SVN policy? How would it look like?

Wherever I've worked with version control before there always were rules like:
"Never break the build in trunk" or
"Only unit-tested code goes to trunk"
and similar. I just wanted to ask before I do something wrong...

Cheers, David.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]