Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
I managed to find /x1/www/incubator.apache.org/harmony on svn.apache.org
but I can't write to that directory.

Great question.

Our website -

svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/harmony/standard/site

That's the whole website for the tree. I thought I had the readme in there, but alas. I'll put it in.

Simple form :

1) edit the document in xdocs/
2) type "ant" in site/ root (implies you have ant installed)
3) look at the changes in docs/
4) repeat #1 until happy
5) svn commit
6) ssh to minotaur
7) cd /www/incubator.apache.org/incubator/harmony
8)`cat UPDATE`

That's it to publish.

So are you saying to publish a snapshot tarball I should do this? If so
that's fine.. just want to make sure though because it means committing
tarballs into the repository.

In any case, something is still broken. I don't have permission to modify /www/incubator.apache.org/incubator/harmony on minotaur:

drwxr-xr-x 4 geirm apcvs 1024 Dec 16 22:33 /www/incubator.apache.org/harmony

You need to "chmod g+w /www/incubator.apache.org/harmony".

Thanks,
-Archie