Mikhail> I think Classpath is a little bit different story. It is not
Mikhail> a Java(tm) so a developer who writes for Classpath has to
Mikhail> validate with Classpath docs whether his code is going to
Mikhail> work.

The real reason we write javadoc is completeness.  Suppose an OS ships
a Classpath-based VM and the user wants to look at the core javadoc in
Eclipse.  It isn't acceptable to us for him to have to download the
proprietary JDK to accomplish this.

As far as Sun's javadoc goes... in my experience you can't really call
it a "spec" with a straight face.  It omits far too much.

Tom