at the risk of getting dragged into this ;-)

I think George's objection is to the extension mechanism being used
(i.e. a custom subclass rather than a standard JUnit decoration [1]).

Adding more and more subclasses is not a practical way to go if you
think of all the different ways you may choose to extend the framework's
behaviour.

[1] http://junit.sourceforge.net/javadoc/junit/extensions/TestDecorator.html

--

Tim Ellison ([EMAIL PROTECTED])