We have tests that verify that our security framework works with users
providers installed in the system.

Consider EncryptedPrivateKeyInfo class. To call one of its constructors
you need AlgorithmParameters instance from a provider. If the providers
installed in your system do not have implementation of AlgorithmParameters
(or if you misconfigured your build) you'll unable to test that constructor
of EncryptedPrivateKeyInfo.

So exotic config is: User's providers do not have implementation of
AlgorithmParameters.

The test that fails when no AlgorithmParameters exists can scare a user,
the test that silently skips has a chance to be skipping forever due to
misconfiguration.

That is an example.

Thanks,
Mikhail