I applied patch for HARMONY-58 (thanks Stepan and Tim) and closed the issue.

However, there was a small thing that bugged me. We were setting the bootclasspath as follows :

<jvmarg value="-Xbootclasspath/p:${build.jars.path}/crypto.jar${path.separator}${build.jars.path}/x_net.jar"/>

which has 2 of the 3 artifacts generated by security2 coming from the local modules/security2 tree, and the third, security.jar, coming from deploy/jre/lib/boot. This isn't healthy.

So I just removed the above line, and now we depend on all three jars coming from the same place, namely the deploy boot classpath.

I only feel strongly that we are consistent. We can change from deploy/ to modules/security2 if we need to.

I suspect this will be fine, but it does mean that working in modules/security2 means that you need to go to top level to re-run the build to get the jars in the right place.

I think I'll change the local make in modules/security2 to also copy the generated jars to ../../deploy/jre/lib/boot/....

That way, you can work locally and still do the proper testing w/o having to out of the module you are working in. I suspect that this will be a pattern we repeat in all modules.