Mladen Turk wrote:

So at the end of the day, you have a simple question:
Is Harmony a way to give a JVM to the GNU/Classpath,
or is a Harmony a project that will some day have option
to choose between different 'classpath' libraries.
If it's the first, the entire thing has nothing to do
with ASF, and if it's a second, then I don't understand why
all the fuzz about a different perspective proposals.

Harmony is going to create a full, certified implementation of J2SE. Right now, we're on our way to having a JVM and a class library. Great.

Many of us are also interested in ensuring that stuff is reusable. If we have a great VM that people - on their own - wish to take and use with Classpath, I say more power to them. Similarly, if someone wishes to take our classlibrary and use it with Kaffe, have at it.

We want ubiquitous, open Java, and interchangeable parts is a step in that direction.

Now lets get back to APR...