Alexey Petrenko wrote:
I'll check the Cairo. Thanks for pointing...

my pleasure.

Well, that Graphics object at some points needs rendering to the screen
doesn't it? :-)
Yep. :)
But Graphics object is a small part of AWT...

agreed, yet having a solid and hardware accelerated graphics part (I'm thinking java2d mostly) would make me *very* happy.

The other thing to consider is to follow apple's advice and implement Swing using native widgets. I don't know what this entails in terms of complexity but I always found stupid that swing is barely scratching the surface of what my GPU accelerator could do for me.

Anyway, I suggest we focus on server side stuff first anyway.

--
Stefano.