Archie Cobbs wrote:
Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
So to that end, I'd like to set things up so that by default, we use the eclipse compiler, but that means that people have to go through a [painful] process to get the jars (2 of them) - namely if you don't have Eclipse installed, you have to go get it and dig two jars out.

I'd like to set things up so we don't have to put in ant/lib to make it less intrusive to people - we could have a local lib dir and do that maybe.

Anyway, anyone have strong feelings or suggestions?

I haven't been paying close attention so this may be a dumb question...
what about using jikes? Jikes is nice for Java VM projects where you
have a bootstrap problem associated with Java compilers themselves
written in Java.

Well, we have* our own VM, right?

* have => ok, in the future...