Hi Stepan,

And if redistributing the Eclipse jars was an issue then we could simply make use of the Maven jar repository at ibiblio.org. The jars necessary for using the Eclipse compiler can be obtained from there without the need to download the entire Eclipse platform (see http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/eclipse/jars/jdtcore-3.1.0.jar) which reduces the "pain" considerably.

Ant build scripts could simply make use of the "get" task (with the "usetimestamp" option to avoid unnecessary downloading) to get the jdtcore-3.1.0.jar and then use "unzip" to extract the jdtCompilerAdapter.jar that is contained in there. The modified trunk/make/build-java.xml file inside the attachments for HARMONY-57 and HARMONY-88 use the ibiblio.org repository in just this way to obtain various xml support jars and even the junit jar.

Best regards,
George
IBM United Kingdom Limited

Stepan Mishura wrote:
If redistributing Eclipse's jars is not an issue then I think it would be
good to put them to SVN and set up the ant build script accordingly. This
will simplify build process.
Also this can be applied, for example, to BC provider jar - we'll avoid
questions like: which version of BC did you use? Everybody will use jar that
is distributed with Harmony code base and is used to test it.

Thanks,
Stepan Mishura
Intel Middleware Products Division