From: Tim Ellison [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2006 8:58 AM
To: harmony-dev
Subject: [classlib] creating a new snapshot, and planned breakage heads-up

I'd like to propose that we create a new snapshot of the classlib code
and make it available on the binary downloads page:
        http://cvs.apache.org/dist/incubator/harmony/snapshots/

Now that the security2 code is integrated into the build it seems a good
time to refresh the snapshot, and there have been quite a few fixes in
other parts.

In addition, and once the snapshot is safely tucked away, I'd like to
break the world :-)

I want to rename some of the packages in LUNI from com.ibm to
org.apache.  Some of these packages are referenced by kernel code, which
means that there will need to be a new IBM Harmony VME made available on
Developerworks.  Unfortunately (due to the renaming) you will not be
able to use an old Harmony VME with the new classlib code and vice versa.

Please indicate ASAP if you object to this renaming work taking place
within the next couple of days.

Tim Ellison ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
IBM Java technology centre, UK.