Tim Ellison wrote:

The exclusion list is implemented as a (declarative) XML file read when
the tests run -- in HARMONY-57 you can see one in
Harmony_Tests/src/test/resources/config/jcltest-excludes.xml

Picking an entry at random from there:
    <hy:type id="tests.api.java.io.FileTest">
        <hy:exclude id="test_Constructor_String_String_112270"
                    shouldfix="true">
            <hy:reason>Undiagnosed failure</hy:reason>
        </hy:exclude>
        <hy:exclude id="test_Constructor_File_String_112270"
                    shouldfix="true">
            <hy:reason>Undiagnosed failure</hy:reason>
        </hy:exclude>
        <hy:exclude id="test_deleteOnExit" shouldfix="true">
            <hy:reason>Needs investigation...</hy:reason>
        </hy:exclude>
    </hy:type>

You can see how it works -- some tests are excluded because they fail
and should be fixed, others (not shown here) can be excluded because
they don't make sense on a particular platform, VM, etc.

Applying a style sheet makes it easy to read the exclusions list in
glorious technicolor, either in an individual module or as a combined
global view.

That's cute. And if these were local to each module, in a "well-known" place, we still could present a global picture with a top level thingy that generates a list...

We could also add a platform element to make exclusions platform specific...