Fernando Cassia wrote:

I'm still scratching my bald head thinking why hasn't Google embraced
desktop
java yet. Google Talk would be a killer app written in Swing / 100% Pure
Java.
It's never stupid to stay realistic. There is no JavaSound implementation giving you enough control of e.g. the sound card latency to allow a usable telephone application to be implemented.

H*ck, there's even a pure-java mpeg4 implementation....
Which doesn't work for me. A few still frames are being shown and updated every few seconds and then the player hangs. Apart from that, due to other problems with JavaSound is it not possible to implement reasonable quality video players in Java. The JavaSound API has functions to read the current position of the audio playback, to sync the video accordingly, but the accuracy and correctness of this function makes it unusable.

Tor