It might also be worth nothing that if you are licensed to use the
tck, there is an appeal process, so it may be possible to make sun
accept deviation from the spec or unreasonable claims in the spec, on
their part, on a case by case basis.

But i suppose the real test is how well it runs existing applications.
If a user finds it more difficult to run their app than with the Sun
JVM, then they simply wont use it.

Also, has much thought been given to the GUI components of the spec?
Can harmony/classpath replicate a compatible system with regards to
the current line of development?

--
Gerry Steele
http://gerry-steele.blogspot.com/