yes, let me refine my position.

I don't object to using the C++ language where it makes sense, e.g. to
simplify things.  IMHO the jaasnix native code's usage is somewhat
gratuitous, and results in a larger binary for no great benefit.

If people want to use vanilla C++ features then sure, but we have to be
mindful of portability problems that would be caused by the areas of C++
that typically vary amongst implementations -- so dependencies on a
particular STL, use of C++ exceptions / RTTI, etc. are all areas asking
for portability trouble in the future.