We had discussion about bug-to-bug compatibility and it was decided to
solve problems at the moment when they appear. So I have the 1st
problem (below you can find the steps for reproducing it):

1. Compile any java class and put it to jre/bin folder (I used Hello.class)
2. run java Hello (everything works fine)
3. run java -classpath p:; Hello

Result: NoClassDefFoundError

If I use same command with RI (Sun and BEA) this test passes.
I've found in documentation [1] that "if you want to include the
current directory in the search path, you must include "." in the new
settings".
So, it looks like that we have bug in RI, but our implementation works
with strict correspondence to the documentation.

URLClassLoader can't load this class because searchURLs parameter in
findClassImpl does not contain current directory and includes only
"p:/". So, IMO problem is inside VM kernel classes.

What do you think we should do with this issue?

[1] http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/tooldocs/windows/classpath.html

Thanks,
Vladimir Strigun,