Tim,

 <..snip..>
> I agree that the tests in HARMONY-71 only need something to accept their
> connection, but I was simply pointing out that there will be a local
> server we can use if that contribution is accepted into the project, so
> probably not worth writing another.

I've developed a prototype of local server to be run with net unit tests,
started to play with it and ... realized that the current regression tests
for URLConnection class don't need any server at all :-)

I've filled JIRA bug attached a patch to fix tests. Please review it. (see
HARMONY-138)

Also I'd like to make a note on testing URLConnection class: I found that
creating an object of this class to be tested the following way in not
correct:
URLConnection u = new URL("http://www.apache.org";).openConnection();

openConnection() returns a default implementation of HttpURLConnection
class, for example com.ibm.oti.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection, that
may override a tested method. IMHO, the correct approach is to subclass
URLConnection directly.

Thanks,
Stepan

Stepan Mishura