On 01/03/06, George Harley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When did it break ?

"cd doc;ant" reports:

  doxygen-kernel:
       [exec] Error: tag INPUT: input source
               `/pbuilder/tmp/Harmony.quilt/doc/../java-src/kernel/src'
does not exist
       [exec] Result: 1

So it's probably been broken a while.

There is a disinsentive for people to run the doc build as it replaces
the kernel_doc and vm_doc directories from svn causing svn commands to
fail with:

  svn: Working copy 'doc/vm_doc' is missing or not locked

You then have to remove the doc/vm_doc (and doc/kernel_doc) directory
by hand before svn will work again.

Since these are generated files they probably shouldn't be in svn in
the first place.  Though I can see why it is handy to have them there.
 Perhaps we need a "snapshot" on the web site?

> Was it something the automated build process have informed us about ?

The build is currently only doing "cd make; ant".  I can add the doc
build but at the moment the ant tasks are configured to ignore
failures so the build wouldn't actually break.

As I mention in the patch comment, there is also a bit of work to do
to fix up the grouping of documentation by adding appropriate
DoxygenSupport files.  I was going to submit a patch to copy them from
the native-src/linux.IA32 subdirs to the native-src/shared subdirs but
I think it needs a little more thought with respect to groups
particularly for new modules like auth.

Regards,
 Mark.

--