From: George Harley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, March 03, 2006 3:49 AM
To: harmony-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Accept HARMONY-57 : Contribution of unit test code for
a number of components

Nathan Beyer wrote:
+1

What's the plan on putting this in SVN? Will this be its own project or
will
it be distributed to the various classlib modules? The reason I ask is
that
there are a number of common classes and base classes, which would make
splitting the tests up a bit more challenging.

Hi Nathan,

The submitted zip was put together with the intention that the unit test
code would be able to slot into the existing modules layout in SVN.
There is a separate folder/project called "Harmony_Tests" (intended to
live under enhanced/classlib/trunk) in which as many shared resources as
possible were grouped. This would be the best location for any common or
ancestor classes to reside. Could you give me an example of some of
these common and base classes that you have identified among the
modules' test code ?

Since it isn't in SVN it is IMHO too early to be raising JIRA issues for
any refactoring of this unit test code but it would be helpful to know
about what kind of splitting you have in mind.

Best regards,
George
IBM UK

[Nathan Beyer] Sorry, I didn't intend to sound like I was raising an issue. Just curious and jumping the gun a bit perhaps. I didn't quite understand the separation
of the module tests and the "Harmony_Tests" support project while I was
browsing over the code.

Hi Nathan,

Hey, enough of the "sorry" please. I didn't mean to sound touchy about your comments - sorry if it came across that way. I was just interested in hearing about your findings. All comments and questions are welcome round these parts.

Best regards,
George
IBM UK

Assuming this gets checked in, let the list know if you'd like some
assistance refactoring and/or whatever to get this in the appropriate
shape.
-Nathan