The problem is serial form contains class name "sun.foo"
and if you deal with "o.a.h.foo" then serialization framework
will never know that you class's readObject() is to be invoked.

Another option is provide 'pairs' to ObjectInputStream.readObject():
for each 'foo' method it will know what is the corresponding harmony
class.

Thanks,
Mikhail