Hi gang,

just in case it wasn't clear - I understand where the commit came from and
I am not questioning it or the stuff contributed or the matter by which it
came in at all (insane amounts of quality code is a Good Thing). We should
not in any way "rate limit" our development and the process we have in place
for these bulk contributions is the best I can think of (or I'd suggest
changing it). Kudos to the people contributing it and kudos for Tim for working
on integrating it.

I just feel "oversight" is not scaling along with the project size, just
because that is probably impossible. Even if we have few bulk commits, we
have huge areas of codebase where there will be commits, and not so many
people knowing that codebase well enough to be able to fully understand
the commit.

To explain oversight a little further -- for every line of the Apache HTTPD
server code (at least the core, not all modules), it is likely that it has
been read and/or examined in detail by at least a dozen people. We probably
now have two lines of test case for every line of code in HTTPD so we get
nowhere close to their level of "many eyes to find bugs".

This is not neccessarily a "problem" and certainly not a short-term issue.
We just need to work on "scaling", something that interests me a lot (which
I try and find time to work on Gump when I can).

ciao!

Leo