To: <harmony-dev@incubator.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, March 19, 2006 10:45 AM
Subject: Re: ITC: Contribution of java.rmi

Thanks - this is great.

Please not that every faxed document that both I and Jim, the ASF Secretary, received was unreadable.

I can't know if it was the original copy, or the fax machine, but we need to have everything resent again.

THanks

geir

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
As announced before we are contributing java.rmi package on behalf of ITC
(Cordoba Institute of Technology).

Below is a short description of the contribution.

Daniel Gandara

Package name  java.rmi

Package Description

 Clean room implementation of java.rmi following J2SE 1.5 spec
 www.fitc.unc.edu.ar/javadev/rmi/index.html

Current Status
 Currently our package contains implementation for:
 - java.rmi
 - java.rmi.dgc
 - java.rmi.registry
 - java.rmi.server

 package java.rmi.activation and deprecated method/classes
have not been implemented. Activation have been designed but
has not been implemented yet.

 Tools like rmic and rmiregistry have not been implemented.

Architectural Design
 Package has been architected following a layered design, which
seem to be the most appropriate model for the RMI implementation
in accordance with the specification.
For further details check www.fitc.unc.edu.ar/javadev/rmi/architecture.html

Javadoc

Javadoc of the package can be reached here
www.fitc.unc.edu.ar/javadev/rmi/javadocRMI/index.html

Testing
  Unit and integration tests (and their documentation) are
provided with the code.

Implementation Notes
 The code uses J2SE 5.0 features, such as generics, so it
requires 5.0 VM and libraries (i.e.: java.util.concurrent).
It has been tested against Sun SDK, removing the original
java.rmi.* and replacing it by ours.
www.fitc.unc.edu.ar/javadev/rmi/ideas_uro.html

Known Issues
www.fitc.unc.edu.ar/javadev/rmi/knownissues.html