Etienne Gagnon wrote:

5- The ASF provides me with an official, legally binding document,
 signed by officers that have sufficient rights to do so, stating that
 it will only sub-license (distribute, etc.) code contributed by SableVM
 authors (can be identified specifically) and derivatives of this code,
 under licenses that require explicit acknowledgment of the copyright
 of these authors and that require redistribution of the related text
 found in the NOTICE file.  [I have no trouble letting the ASF lawyers
 come up with some text proposal.  I would highly suggest reusing words
 off the Apache License 2.0 to do so.  I can even propose some text, if
 you wish me to do so.]

6- Each ICLA and Software Grant has an explicit hand written reference
 to the ASF document in "5-" beside the signature(s).  A copy of the
 ASF document in "5-" is added as an appendix to the ICLA/SG in your
 records and our records.

With my Board Director hat on:

I believe that it is a bug that the current ICLA gives the ASF enough power to relicense something without acknowledging who donated it to us.

I would be in favor of changing the ICLA more than to sign an ad-hoc statement like the one you propose.

With my Harmony hat on: I would like this to move as fast as we can and I don't know which one of the options is faster.

Cliff, are you watching this? any comment?

--
Stefano.