Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:

George Harley wrote:

I don't want an argument any more than the next person but ... I completely agree with the above statement. If you can't test code by going through the public API then how will the users ever get to exercise it in the "real world" ?

The key is that we aren't suggesting we don't test code by the public API - we have to do that. But rather, we need to ALSO test the internals w/o going through the public API....

Hello Geir,

But rather, we need to ALSO test the internals w/o going through the public API....

Why? IMHO, it's easier to write test cases through public API. And the internals may possibly change, so if we write test cases directly for the internals, our test cases will not be stable.