> [SNIP]
>
> IMHO, this relates to "stress tests and load tests" only. This means that we
> shouldn't put such kind of tests in a 'regular test suite'. The 'regular
> test suite' is used to verify regressions only. Returning back to a test's
> size, I think it is up to developer - we can only recommend not to test all
> functionality in one test case and split independent parts into a number of
> test case. But IMHO we can not fully avoid creating 'redundant code', such
> as, "Assert 1:", "Assert 2: ....". For example, if there is a constructor
> with several parameters and get-methods to return provided parameters then I
> wouldn't create 3 tests instead of the next one:
>
> public void test_Ctor() {
>    Ctor c = new Ctor(param1, param2, param3);
>
>     assertEquals("Assert 1", param1, c.getParam1());
>    assertEquals("Assert 2", param2, c.getParam3());
>     assertEquals("Assert 3", param3, c.getParam2());
> }

Hi folks,

I actully agree with Stepan. It all depends on the edvelopers since
the people do what is convenient and generally makes sense. However
from the tester's point of view (my one, you can guess :) ) when you
check several assertions in the test (like in
org.apache.harmony.tests.java.util.jar.test_putLjava_lang_ObjectLjava_lang_Object)
if one assertion is broken you won't see what's going on with others
unless you get this one fixed.

BTW do we have any way to include stress/reliability tests in the project?

Thanks,
Alex Orlov.
Intel Middleware Products Division