Tim,

I've rolled back the page, and I'm sorry if it made someone uncomfortable. I thought Wiki should not be something final, or official, and it just used as record for sth. in progress, say, discussion, code status, or volunteer, so that everyone can see and involve if interest, and IMHO Wiki is easier to summary and read (otherwise the new comers may need to search in mailing list archive, or just ask questions have been discussed before), especially considering Wiki modification can be subscribed.

And I highlight java.io package, just because most API difference related JIRA/patches(JIRA230-232) for this package have been raised/attached for committers to review(except one pending on java.util), similar case to java.net, so I just consider it as a summary for component status page.

So I guess I missed sth. here, pls. correct me. Thank you.

Tim Ellison wrote:
Tim Ellison wrote:
Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
<snip>
What's so special about April 21st?
I've no idea, why did you mention it?

Ah, sorry -- just went back to the wiki and saw the update that Paulex
made.  That's not what I expected...

Paulex: Can you discuss the plan on the dev list first rather than edit
it directly on the wiki?  Once you get some agreement you can add it to
the plan.  Plus I don't think we need to set goals within the goals :-)

Perhaps this should evolve directly on the website rather than the wiki?

Paulex Yang
China Software Development Lab
IBM