Etienne Gagnon wrote:
Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
For example, we're going to do a distro dependnent on this "sablevm.jar"
thing.  What if harmony was the only project using it?  or the author
went bankrupt, or - more likely - lost his site because he/she got their
PhD and graduated from school..... :)

You're too late... I graduate long ago.  It's unlikely UQAM, a public
university, will go bankrupt anytime soon.  heh ;-)

I know.  it was a joke :)

Ok.  So are you against having the external dependency, or having an
external dependency for which we don't have a jar in svn or the website?
 if the latter, I'd want to have source too, as the binary is pretty
useless over time...

Actually, I was thinking about the sources; I don't care about the
binaries!  [I didn't get yet to complain about seeing .dll's and all
kind of binary stuff in the repository.  I'll keep that for some other
day, very far away, when we all have less to do. :-P ]

Cheers,

Etienne