Hi Dan,

I built BootJVM with MSVC in November 2005 but, as you told me, bootJVM couldn't run any Java application because it was not completed yet.

Enrico,

That is great news!  Could you work with me to produce
MSVS project and workspace files for this, please?
At the moment I'm working on JCHEVM and SableVM on Cygwin therefore I'm a bit busy, but I rembember that the port was easy (even though I had to comment out a few lines of code which will have eventually be replaced by Windows functions). I still have the project files and I also marked with tags the point where I commented out the code.

would like to begin a general migration into this environment
and I will need to ask you a few questions so as to be able
to run the configurator (perhaps once on CygWin or Linix
and checked in to SVN) to generate these automagically so
that VS users do not have to run the Unix-ish configuration
utility.
As far as I can say, the main problem of porting a JVM, designed for UNIX, to the Windows environment are the ANSI signals: Windows, in fact, doesn't honor not even a fourth of all ANSI signals, therefore, the JVM signals handler WILL NOT be called by Windows.

I don't know yet if and how Cygwin deals with this kind of problem...
Thanks for your research on this platform.

Dan Lydick

P.S.  Has anyone yet tried to build BootJVM on a Mac or
other PPC platform?  If you are interested, I can show you
how to hack up the configurator to get started.
Enrico