+1 from me, especially with the 1.4 target as an intermediate
provision.  This should facilitate work while contributions
dependent on version 5 begin to happen.  At some point,
there will be enough version 5 tools around to move away
from 1.4 provisions.  We will just have to bide our time
and it will happen pretty much of its own accord.

Dan Lydick