+1

I think "use your good judgment" is a great comment on this whole topic (and
others). Let contributors submit test code based on their judgment and let
committers massage and/or commit based on their best judgment. If another
contributor or committer feels that a refactoring would be helpful, then let
the process work.

-Nathan