Yes - great example. The point is for mechanical means, but familiarity for users - we don't want them to be "uncomfortable" when using the Harmony class library - we want it to feel the same as when they use it from Sun...

geir

Mark Hindess wrote:
I thought my first message in this thread made this clear but obviously not.

I'm not suggesting that code would care if the exception messages are
identical.  I was suggesting that it is probably now quite common for
users to type error messages straight in to google.  Therefore having
messages match those of existing implementations would help our users
find the cause of an exception.

Regards,
 Mark.