Oliver Deakin wrote:
George Harley wrote:
Mikhail Loenko wrote:
Hello

I'd like to bring this thread back.

Number of tests is growing and it is time to put them in order.

So far we may have:

1) implementation-specific tests that designed to be run from bootclasspath
2) implementation-specific tests that might be run from classpath
3) implementation-specific tests that designed to be run from classpath
4) implementation-independent tests that designed to be run from bootclasspath
5) implementation-independent tests that might be run from classpath
6) implementation-independent tests that designed to be run from classpath

Also we seem to have the following packages, where the tests are:

1) the same package as implementation
2) org.apache.harmony.tests.[the same package as implementation]
3) tests.api.[the same package as implementation]

I suggest that we work out step-by-step solution as we could not reach
an agreement for the general universal one

So for the first step I suggest that we separate i-independent tests
that must or may be run from classpath

I suggest that we put them into package
tests.module.compatible.[package of implementation being tested]

Comments?

Thanks,
Mikhail

Hi Mikhail,

I've just started working through the modules to merge test packages "tests.api.[same package as implementation]" and "tests.api.[same package as implementation]" into one package space. Using the class library package naming guidelines from off the web site [1], all of the tests for the text module have been consolidated under org.apache.harmony.text.tests.[package under test].

Of course, the text module has only "implementation-independent tests that designed to be run from classpath". For modules that have got implementation-specific tests then I suppose we could use something like "org.apache.harmony.[module].tests.impl.[package under test]" or "org.apache.harmony.[module].tests.internal.[package under test]" etc. I've got no preference.

I think impl is preferable over internal here, as we already use internal in our implementation package names to indicate classes totally internal to that bundle. To also use internal to label tests that are implementation specific may cause confusion.

+1 from me.
Regards,
Oliver

Best regards,