P.S. What if depending on the reason RI throws different subclass
of what is in the spec? Are we going to explore all possible combinations?

2006/5/11, Mikhail Loenko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
What is the reason for prohibiting throwing a sub-class?

Every existing try... catch construction will work

Do we really want to convert all tests like
try {
   do something
   fail();
} catch (SomeException e) {
   //expected
}
to something like
try {
   do something
   fail();
} catch (SomeException e) {
   assertEquals(SomeException.class, e.getClass());
}

Thanks,
Mikhail