Rana Dasgupta wrote:
Hi,
Is there an expectation of a standardised deployment model for the Harmony
compliant VM's like DRLVM and others?  Eg., should they all produce binaries
that can be unpacked to overlay the Harmony Classlib deployment structure
as can the IBM VME? At some point, we will be posting distributions for both
class libraries and VM on the Harmony site; they should be deployable on a
user machine in some standard way.

Maybe.  I think we have a lot of learning to do here.

Rana

On 5/17/06, Andrey Chernyshev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> deploy/
>   \----jdk
>           |----include
>           \----jre
> 2) I was wondering how this change will affect the DRLVM? I notice from
> building
> the VM locally that it produces a deploy\jre\bin structure, so I imagine
> that some
> small path changes to build scripts would be necessary (similar to the

I think this specific change shouldn't directly affect the DRLVM
building script since it takes the Harmony class libraries in a source
form.

If we, however, want to adjust the JRE image produced by the DRLVM
building script, then I guess the only line that will have to be
changed (in build/make/build.xml) is:

       <!-- product binary deploy location -->
       <property name="build.deploy.dir"
location="../${build.os.short}_${build.arch}_${build.cxx}_${build.cfg
}/deploy/jre"
/>

I can include it as a next "cumulative patch".

Surely, some more updates will have to be done for xml files at
build/make/components in case the classlibs will be split by modules
in future.

Thanks,
Andrey.

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-harmony-dev/200605.mbox/[EMAIL PROTECTED]