On 5/18/06, Alexey Petrenko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
2006/5/18, Gregory Shimansky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> If you talk about developers only there is no need for swing.jar or tweaks
> like that. Developers already have some kind of java SDK installed and the
> place to solve missing dependencies is rt.jar from an external party. I don't
> see why it is not a good way to follow in development environment.
Yep, it is probably true :)
But Harmony can run ant and Eclipse compiler right now. So we do not
need any kind of SDK except of Harmony for building it.

In this case we need to produce something like Harmony binary builds.
As we discussed before.

Yes, I think it was the idea of HDK to have the build snapshot
somewhere on web and then let developers be able to build specific
modules against that snapshot.

Returning back to the subject of this discussion, I guess it should be
relatively easy to modify the DRLVM building system such that it would
get the binary HDK from web and use it for compilation of a single
module.
And this approach would assume that the HDK snapshots include the
DRLVM as well (?) :)

Thanks,
Andrey.

--