Yes there is.

They can access protected fields (they are also package-visible). Or they
can test something related to class loading.

Example. Recently I committed
 modules\luni\src\test\java.injected\java\net\HttpURLConnectionAccessor.java
that is not a test though but something that is used by API test and that must
be in bootclasspath. (I could refactor and put the test itself to the
bootclasspath)

Thanks,
Mikhail

2006/5/25, Geir Magnusson Jr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Mikhail Loenko wrote:
> 2006/5/24, Geir Magnusson Jr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>>

>> George Harley wrote:
>> > Hi Mikhail,
>> >
>> > That is a very good point and your suggestion of supplementing the
>> class
>> > or package name sounds like a very straightforward way around the
>> > problem. Because there will be a number of tests that must be in an
>> > identical package name to the type under test then it seems that the
>> > differentiating mark needs to be added to the test class name. Not
>> > really sure what this could be. Given that we are all settled on the
>> > convention that a test type has the "Test" suffix, how about just add
>> > "Impl" to that suffix for implementation tests giving us an "ImplTest"
>> > suffix.
>> > e.g.
>> >
>> > class under test : java.lang.SomeClassTest
>> > implementation-independent test class :
>> > o.a.h.module.tests.java.lang.SomeClassTest
>> > Harmony-specific test class :
>> > o.a.h.module.tests.java.lang.SomeClassImplTest
>>
>> Or
>>
>> o.a.h.<module>.apitest.java.lang.FooTest
>> o.a.h.<module>.impltest.java.lang.FooTest
>>

>> Of course, the implementation test didn't need to be on the
>> bootclasspath, it would simply be
>>
>> java.lang.FooTest
>>
>> with no other garbage in the package name
>
> Hi Geir
>
> how to distinguish between bootclasspath implementation test
>   java.lang.FooTest
> and bootclasspath api test
>   java.lang.FooTest

Is there such thing as an bootclasspath API test?