Good day,

> The only problem with local server is choosing a local port to bind to
> - port 80 is often used by another daemon. Test should try to start
> Jetty on a free port and tell its number to the URLConnection test.

Autonomically?  I don't think so - I think it should be a configuration
parameter set by the tester so things are repeatable....

I don't insist on auto-picking the port - I just wanted to draw
attention to busy ports problem. Configuration parameter is fine, too.

> My opinion is that remote server should not be used in tests - it's
> problematic and doesn't give any advantages.

It's a choice here.  I agree it should not be *required*, and that by
default, one should be able to run the test suite on an airplane when
the airline isn't Lufthansa :)

Sure - if there's a test that connects to a remote server, it's better
to put it as a bonus rather than to throw it away :)

Anton Luht,