Shashank "Shanky" Tiwari wrote:
> If all the specifications get GPLed, what might be impact on commercial
> vendors who sell JVMs and containers? Any ideas?

The specs won't get GPL-ed.  What we are talking about is Sun's
implementation of the spec getting put under an open source license,
possibly the GPL.

As for the commercial vendors?  I don't think that there are many that
actually sell a VM, at least for the use cases that I've used Java
(desktop, server).  I know the major JVM distributors license Sun's
class library, so depending on the terms of the open source license,
they just may be able to use it directly.

Dunno.

geir