2006/6/7, Tim Ellison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
The Sun 1.5.0_06 compiler was driven directly by our build scripts (so
using jsr14) and the Eclipse 3.2RC4 compiler has source 1.5 target 1.4 set.

I could throw an IAE from Enum#valueOf(Class, null) when the Enum is
empty, but seems a bit of a drag to work around the compilers.

(which version of BEA javac?)

javac -version prints just "1.5.0"
java -version prints "build 1.5.0-b64"

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/harmony/enhanced/classlib/trunk/modules/luni/src/main/java/java/lang/Enum.java?revision=412166&view=markup