Of course I can get it to work, and it works well.  Like I said in my
first note, it's very impressive.

What I don't understand is the "motivation" or the "theory" behind how
and why it was done.  I'm hoping that if I grok that, all will fall into
place for me and with that different perspective, I might find it easier
to work with.

As I understand it, it's really a "meta  build" system, as it's purpose
seems to be to create the actual ant scripts that execute to do the
work.  Why?

Also, it doesn't use 'make' for building the C/C++ code.  Why?

geir