Anton Luht wrote:
> Good day,
>
> I've tried to run Azureus, too, and saw all those problems (no SSL
> provider, NotYetBoundException), too.
>
> I've also seen messages
> 'VirtualChannelSelector.select() op called with null selector'
>
> Digging the code I've found that the problem is that Selector.open()
> returns null (not null in RI)

How did you get past the initialization part?
I have put my experiences here:
    http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/Azureus

> Test case is:
>
> public class Test {
>    public static void main(String args[]) throws Exception {
>      System.err.println(java.nio.channels.Selector.open() != null ?
>         "PASSED" : "FAILED");
>    }
> }

Hmm, the Harmony impl looks like this:

        public AbstractSelector openSelector() throws IOException {
//              return new SelectorImpl(this);
                //FIXME: wait for JIRA-41
                return null;
        }

Time to speak to Paulex nicely and see if he is working on it ;-)

> I've built RE manually using today SVN snapshot (412715) and
> Harmony-vme-win.IA32-v3.zip as described in Harmony documentation
>

> On 6/6/06, Mark Hindess <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> On 5 June 2006 at 19:07, "R.J. Lorimer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> wrote:
>> > For the record (I didn't gather this anywhere from this discussion),
>> >
>> > Azureus (while being a very non-trivial and cool Java application), is
>> > not written in AWT/Swing, it is written with SWT (the same as Eclipse).
>> > It's probably a good application to interact with for testing, but it's
>> > not an AWT/Swing test.
>>
>> So I theory, this might run now!
>>
>> I tried running it but get lots of error output like:
>>
>> DEBUG::Tue Jun 06 08:29:39 BST
>> 2006::com.aelitis.azureus.core.networkmanager.impl.VirtualBlockingServerChannelSelector::accept_loop::138:
>>

>> VirtualBlockingServerChannelSelector$1::runSupport::85,AEThread::run::69
>> java.nio.channels.NotYetBoundException
>>        at
>> org.apache.harmony.nio.internal.ServerSocketChannelImpl.accept(ServerSocketChannelImpl.java:125)
>>
>>        at
>> com.aelitis.azureus.core.networkmanager.impl.VirtualBlockingServerChannelSelector.accept_loop(VirtualBlockingServerChannelSelector.java:129)
>>
>>        at
>> com.aelitis.azureus.core.networkmanager.impl.VirtualBlockingServerChannelSelector$1.runSupport(VirtualBlockingServerChannelSelector.java:85)
>>
>>        at org.gudy.azureus2.core3.util.AEThread.run(AEThread.java:69)
>>
>> Definitely seems like a good thing to get working - it certainly
>> exercises quite a bit of the networking code.
>>
>> Regards,
>>  Mark.

Tim Ellison ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
IBM Java technology centre, UK.