Hi Tim,

On 6/9/06, Tim Ellison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I see it too.

Stepan / Mikhail, do you get build failures?  Shouldn't we stop putting
in new code until this is resolved?

I didn't update this particular file because I work separately with
security module only.
But I think that you are right - it'd better to stop putting new code once
we get notification that the build is broken.

BTW, where is classlib build status emails? I didn't get any notification.

Thanks,
Stepan.

I am happy to take a look at the error, and if it is not a quick fix I
think we can roll back Collections without trouble.

Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
> and the beer flowed....
>
> Mark Hindess wrote:
>> This breaks the build.  I'm getting:
>>
>> compile:
>>     [javac] Compiling 1839 source files to
/pbuilder/tmp/Harmony.clean/build
>>     [javac]
/pbuilder/tmp/Harmony.clean/modules/luni/src/main/java/java/util/Collections.java:1074:
name clash: add(java.lang.Object) in
java.util.Collections.UnmodifiableCollection<java.util.Map.Entry<K,V>> and
add(E) in java.util.Set<java.util.Map.Entry<K,V>> have the same erasure,
yet neither overrides the other
>>     [javac]             private static class UnmodifiableEntrySet<K, V>
extends UnmodifiableSet<Map.Entry<K, V>> {
>>     [javac]                                ^
>>
>> w/sun 1.5 javac on linux.
>>
>> Regards,
>>  Mark.
>>
>> On 9 June 2006 at 4:59, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>>> Author: ndbeyer
>>> Date: Thu Jun  8 21:59:15 2006
>>> New Revision: 412928

>>> Log:
>>> Generification of methods.
>>>
>>> Modified:

incubator/harmony/enhanced/classlib/trunk/modules/luni/src/main/java/java
>>> /util/Collections.java
>>>
>>> Modified:
incubator/harmony/enhanced/classlib/trunk/modules/luni/src/main/jav
>>> a/java/util/Collections.java

odules/luni/src/main/java/java/util/Collections.java?rev=412928&r1=412927&r2=
>>> 412928&view=diff
<SNIP>