On 6/19/06, Vladimir Ivanov wrote:

It would be good if the page

http://incubator.apache.org/harmony/subcomponents/classlibrary/testing.htmldescribes
also location, name convention and
access model for resource files used for testing, specifically, for
testing
serialization.

At the present moment test's resource files stored in "src/test/resources"
directory in modules structure.
Serialization data stored as
   "resources/" +  "serialization/"  + "<package name>" or
   "resources/" +  "<package name>" + "/serialization/"
with ".ser" or ".dat" extension.

Other resource files are stored in "resources/" or in the
"resources/<package name>" directory.

I found two mechanisms of accessing resources in tests:
1) Get resource through ClassLoader.getResource("serialization/<package
name>")
2) Get resource through reading file System.getProperty(RESOURCE_DIR +
filename).

Hi Vladimir,

The second mechanismis used in 'security' testing framework (used by
auth/crypto/security/x-net modules). We are agreed to merge two existing
framework for testing serialization. Currently I'm preparing update for the
'security' framework - it will replace the second mechanism it with the
first.

Suggestion:
1) Ideal from my point of view variant: lets uniform access to resources
throughout all tests (I can do it).

Agreed. We should work out uniform access to resources. IIRC we agreed to
access *all* resources via classpath.

2) If it's not good idea, then, lets just describe technique of working
with resources on testing conventions page to limit the number of access
techniques to only two (I can do it).

Thoughts?

see [1] for name conventions for serialization resource files.

Thanks,
Stepan.

[1]
http://incubator.apache.org/harmony/subcomponents/classlibrary/ser_testing.html