On 6/20/06, Gregory Shimansky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Monday 19 June 2006 20:33 Anton Luht wrote:
> It is not a good idea to put creation of such resources in something
> like setUp() method in JUnit test because who knows if a read-only
> file created by VM under test is really read-only or not :)

Extending this question would be how do you know that JUnit framework
executed
by VM under test does actually produce the correct results?

I think there should be some minimal trust in the means which tests use,
resources creation included into it. It would be a good starting point at
least for now.

I agree, and even more - when we test some API we assume that the rest of
API works fine.

So if the method-not-under-test is used to create the resource it is OK to
do it in the setUp()
method.

Thanks,
  Vladimir