On 6/21/06, Weldon Washburn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I agree with java 5 being #1.  Some additional thoughts.  GCV4 needs
replacing for a variety of reasons.  The port of MMTk should pick up a
bunch of the great GC work being done in the Jikes/MMTk community.  It
would also  be nice to have a simple C generational collector.  I am
real busy with MMTk port.  Otherwise I would volunteer to look into
porting SableVM's generational collector.  I think it was written by
Carl Lebsack.  Porting both MMTk and SableVM GC would give DRLVM a
much better basis for generic VM/GC interfaces.

If no one else is doing it, I will start the porting of SableVM's gen
GC into DRLVM.

Thanks,
xiaofeng