Oliver Deakin wrote:
> Rebuilding a single component can also be done. For example, to rebuild
> the hyluni.dll you would:
> 1. cd to native-src/<platform>/luni
> 2. set the HY_HDK environment variable to point to a directory where
> you have a complete prebuilt HDK (which could be the deploy dir if you
> have previously run a global build).

Can we have it set to the deploy dir by default?

> 3. Run make/nmake. The hyluni.dll will be built against the libs already
> in HY_HDK, and the generated dll will be placed into the
> native-src/<platform>
> directory, where you can then copy it wherever you want
>
> Once the natives are all modularised (so native-src no longer exists) you
> will be able to just go to the module you want and run "ant build.native"
> (or some similarly name target) and the natives will be incrementally
> rebuilt and automatically placed into your target directory.

This is the mode of working that people should get used to, so that
if/when we have ./configure steps too they will still build the natives
the same way (i.e. rather than just typing (n)make).

Tim Ellison ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
IBM Java technology centre, UK.