On Friday 23 June 2006 19:55 Naveen Neelakantam wrote:
> They are the default Fedora Core 5 compiler versions (which I
> mentioned before, but neglected to post again.  sorry).
>
> ie. 4.1.0 20060304 (Red Hat 4.1.0-3).

I've installed gcc-4.1.1 on gentoo and got the same errors. It is probably one
more move of gcc towards stricter C++ syntax interpretation.

I didn't want to figure out how to fix it, instead I just removed "-r 365029"
from remote.LOG4CXX.archive URL in lnx.properties to see if the problem with
log4cxx was already fixed in their svn. I've removed
build/pre-copied/common/LOG4CXX, did another "build.sh update" and the ran
build again. Voila, it worked!

So the problem with log4cxx is already fixed upstream in svn. I've ran
build.sh test, I've tried to run specjvm98 with -Xtrace:classloader just to
test logging and got the same results as yesterday. So it seems that logger
is ok.

If you think this deserves JIRA I can certainly create one. But since I've
just deleted revision switch for svn to download the latest log4cxx at some
moment we may get regression instead of improvement. The revision which
worked for me is 416779. Maybe we can temporarily switch to it. Certainly it
is better to use releases which are already installed in the system.