On 25 June 2006 at 6:42, "Magnusson, Geir" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Mark Hindess wrote:

> > classes with
> > Thread, System,
> > bootclasspath,
> > taken from VM's
> > >
> > > That's a regression :-(  We used to specifically exclude the kernel
> > > patternsets from each JAR packaging step.  I agree that it should be
> > > restored.
> >
> > Yes, it's definitely a regression.  Probably at least partly my fault,
> > so I've fixed it in r417017.
> >
> > Gregory, this should almost fix the ordering issue except for String
> > which has moved out of the kernel classes in to luni.  But as Tim says
> > the real solution is to load the VM's versions of kernel classes first
> > the same way the IBM VME does it.
>
> Isn't it better to not have the stubs around at all?  Gets rid of one
> element of uncertainty - load order.

The stubs aren't mentioned in the bootclasspath.properties so they
aren't a problem.  The problem I was alluding to is that DRLVM predates
the move of String from the kernel to luni so if DRLVM defines String
then it's version should be loaded first.  We can't get rid of luni.jar.
;-)

The problem was worse before because there were (unintentionally) some
stub classes in the luni and security jars.  This was what I fixed in
r417017.

Regards,
 Mark.